Tonight is the night for the Mimi Stillman clinic, here at Paige’s Music! If you have not gotten the chance to read a bit about her, here are some reasons why you should definitely attend this free event tonight:
1. She was the youngest artist ever to be admitted to the Curtis Institute of Music–at age 12!
2. She was also the youngest-ever winner of the Yamaha Young Concert Artists.
3. In addition to being “a consummate and charismatic performer” and “an amazing flutist” praising her “exquisite purity of sound and depth of emotion,” (whew!), she also holds an M.A. in history and is a published music history author.
4. She appears in several recordings and was in a Kevin Bacon film score.
5. She has performed as soloist with orchestras including The Philadelphia Orchestra, Bach Collegium Stuttgart, Orquesta Sinfónica de Yucatán, Spartanburg Philharmonic Orchestra, Orchestra 2001, Chamber Orchestra of the Triangle, Delaware County Symphony, and as recitalist and chamber musician at venues including Carnegie Hall, The Kennedy Center, Philadelphia Chamber Music Society, The Kimmel Center, Philadelphia Museum of Art, New York’s Symphony Space, Brooklyn’s Roulette, University of Pennsylvania, Harvard Musical Association, Princeton University, Cornell University, La Jolla Chamber Music Society, Verbier Festival, Kingston Chamber Music Festival, Lake George Music Festival, Bay Chamber Concert Series, and Israel radio Kol HaMusica. Wow! Still reading?? And she is going to be HERE, tonight!
This event, once again, is FREE and requires no pre-registration. We are anticipating a large crowd, so plan to arrive between 6 and 6:20pm. See you tonight!
Leave a Comment